EHPA and 6 other European business associations and NGO aligned their intention and efforts to support the European Parliament report “Maximising the energy efficiency potential of the EU building stock” and consequently the European Commission initiative “Renovation wave”.
The joint letter is meant to reassure MEP Ciaran Cuffe that our industries are unrelenting, consistent and reliable contributors to achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
The letter provides an integrated approach to address energy efficiency in the sense of the insulation of the building stock, but also to promote the deployment of energy efficient heating and cooling, promote renewables and flexibility.
As energy efficient, renewable and flexible solutions, heat pumps are delivering and are part of the cross-sectorial effort to secure climate neutrality and deliver green growth for Europe.
Heating and cooling solutions are playing a considerable role in the long-term renovation strategies.
As always, but especially during these challenging times, it is our industry aim to support the health and wellbeing of citizens by:
- Offering a variety of solutions for heating, cooling and domestic hot water production, which are ready-to-use for the large majority of the residential and commercial building stock in Europe as well as for industrial processes
- Being mature technologies, the most efficient way to provide heating and cooling while reducing CO2 emissions and therefore contributing to indoor and outdoor air quality
- Expanding the benefits of growing shares of decarbonized electricity in the European energy mix (when using electricity, heat pumps provide heating and cooling in parallel, following the efficiency first principle)
This joint letter is also linked to #EUGreenRecovery letter, where EHPA and other 30 organisations from Europe’s renewable energy and energy efficiency value chains are calling on the European Commission to:
- Fully integrate the proposed economic stimulus packages and the European Green Deal
- Use the stimulus packages to accelerate investments in energy efficiency, renewable heating and cooling, electricity, mobility, zero-carbon buildings
Heat pumps are ready to support the objectives of the #EUGreenDeal and development of EU’s building stock, find more information about “Heat pumps in renovation” ,our latest publication on HP solutions for any kind of building