From 13 to 15 October 2020, the international community of refrigeration, AC, ventilation and heat pump experts will gather online for the Chillventa eSpecial. The virtual event has plenty of attractions to offer. As well as corporate profiles and product presentations, participants can look forward to a high-calibre programme of talks on interesting issues currently impacting the sector. The Chillventa CONGRESS on 13 October will also go virtual this year. At the latest after the start of exhibitor registration for the Chillventa eSpecial in early August it was apparent that in these unprecedented times, the need for networking and dialogue in the sector is high. The Chillventa eSpecial is the platform that meets this need. A few days ago, the ticket shop also opened for prospective participants.
The event is based around the corporate profiles of exhibitors, who can choose between three packages: bronze, silver, or gold.
All three packages offer the basic corporate profile including description of company, logo, contact information, links to website and social media channels, identification of persons who are employees of the company and support for producing the profile. The packages also come with access to the virtual matchmaking system with visitors to the event, an integrated chat function, the option to arrange video meetings and access as visitor to all presentations from the supporting programme.
The silver package additionally includes the provision of a lead list of all contacts after the event, and the option of including up to ten product photos, two PDFs and a video.
The additional benefits of the gold package include the option of submitting presentations to the supporting programme, the integration of up to five videos, an unlimited number of product photos and up to five PDFs. It also offers direct video call and push notification functions and up to three virtual round tables allowing the company to host its own web sessions.
The Chillventa eSpecial aims to transfer as many aspects of a real-life trade fair as possible into the virtual world. The large number of communication tools available, and a comprehensive matchmaking system involving all participants are therefore the key components of an event platform designed to facilitate an optimum level of personal contact.
The Chillventa eSpecial will be accompanied by the Chillventa CONGRESS on the first day and by a high-calibre programme of presentations on the second and third days.
Chillventa CONGRESS: Tuesday 13 October
The virtual version of the Chillventa CONGRESS will provide experts with comprehensive insights into topical industry issues. Internationally renowned speakers will share their knowledge from R&D and practice and provide information on the current policy frameworks in Europe and worldwide.
Two parallel streams will cover a range of topics:
- Heat Pumping Technologies for Commercial and Industrial Application (IZW) and the ASERCOM + EPEE Symposium
- 6th Innovation Day Refrigeration Technology (TU Dresden, DKV and IZW) and energy-efficient air conditioning of data centers (DKV)
As well as presentations there will also be virtual panel debates. The first stream will be in English and the second in German.
A separate ticket is necessary for the Chillventa CONGRESS: www.chillventa.de/ticket
Presentations by exhibitors: Wednesday 14 October and Thursday 15 October
In three parallel streams on the second and third days, speakers representing international exhibitors, associations and institutions will provide an overview of the industry that covers components, systems and applications for the refrigeration, AC, ventilation, and heat pump sectors.
Participants can look forward to a range of thematic areas, including:
- Various perspectives and the latest insights on refrigeration and AC systems in the context of the coronavirus pandemic
- The latest product developments and innovative solutions for overall energy efficiency and energy saving
- What can be done about illegal refrigerants?
- Various aspects of refrigerants like non-flammable low-GWP refrigerants for refrigeration and heat pump applications, sensors for leak detection, recycling, circular economy, and the eco-efficiency model
- R717 reduction of refrigerant charge, semi-hermetic compressors
- New refrigeration oils
- Compressor efficiency measurements and certification programmes
- R717, R744 and R290 (eurammon)
- Fans (EVIA)
- Filters (VDMA)
- Handling flammable refrigerants (Bfs)
- Heat pumps: industrial applications (AIT Austria)
- Heat pumps for use in detached and semi-detached homes and housing developments (Fraunhofer ISE, Germany)
- Data security specifically for businesses in the sector, and the conscious decision to utilise virtual tools (VDKF)
Simple onboarding process for the eSpecial matchmaking system
After registering for the Chillventa eSpecial, participants are invited to start the “onboarding” phase. This short registration process takes the form of a brief questionnaire to be completed by each participant. By answering the questions, you define your individual profile and show other participants who you are, what you are offering, and what products or solutions you are interested in.
On the basis of the information obtained in the onboarding process, the underlying algorithm for the Chillventa eSpecial compares the data with those of other event participants (including staff from exhibiting companies) and then suggests “best matches” as potential business contacts. This means that with just a few clicks, all participants can systematically target the right kind of people and find suitable products, expertise and solutions.
However, it is not just “best matches” that are available for the various communication tools like chat messages or video meetings, as live contact can be made with any other participant in the Chillventa eSpecial.